Job Opening: OPERATIONS AND PROJECT MANAGER
Ideaction is looking for an exceptionally organized, take-charge leader to help optimize our operational systems, processes and policies in support of our mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
Location: Chicago Area
Company Description: Ideaction Corps is quickly growing for-profit Benefit Corporation. A full service social change agency, Ideaction makes the world better by supporting inspiring ideas for change with passionate talent that can execute. Our clients include companies and causes doing good. Our Corps include accomplished agencies, firms and freelancers in all shapes and sizes, with diverse skills and services. We come together because we want to use our talents to build a better world. www.ideactioncorps.com
Job Description: We are looking for an exceptionally organized, take-charge leader to help optimize our operational systems, processes and policies in support of our mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning. This position may be part or full time- depends on the person. Let’s talk about it.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and optimize CRM and outreach tools and lists better integrating data and systems.
- Optimize small business platform (Google Aps)
- Develop a business outcomes dashboard to better track and assess progress against our business plan
- Network with and research small business opportunities, certifications and trainings, including application for BEP
- Manage new-business outreach, RFPs and proposals.
- Implement a client and corps feedback system
- Assist with scheduling
- Assist with optimizing business processes that comply with B-Corp certification, complete B Corp re-certification
- Project manage and coordinate some client work
- Affiliation with a dynamic and growing start up that that is at the center of the social impact movement in Chicago, building relationships with other Benefit Corporations and innovators across the Midwest.
- An opportunity to dig in and learn more about Social Impact business.
- The opportunity to work directly with the founder and president, who has broad and deep experience in marketing, communications, development, and influencer engagement
- A flexible, remote work schedule. Access to a co-working space when needed, freedom to work from home, your neighborhood coffee shop, the beach or your bathroom (please don’t Skype from your bathroom).
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years work experience in a business environment, juggling multiple role
- You are an optimist, you believe the world can be a better place and you want to be a part of something that makes a difference
- You can work independently, and thrive in an environment that has creative freedom and flexible schedules
- You are crazy organized and like to come up with systems to manage data and plans that drive work processes. Spreadsheets and tracking systems make your heart pitter-patter.
- You are a good writer. A really, really good writer
- You appreciate that sometimes making a difference means doing less glamorous but critical tasks such as cleaning up list, scheduling, building a spreadsheet and doing some math
- You LOVE technology. You know your way around Highrise, Basecamp, Mailchimp, Eventbright, Google Apps, Powerpoint, and social media tools. Not just willing to learn. You know it.
Cover letters and resumes should be emailed to:
Kelly O’Brien, email@example.com
Subject: Operations and Project Manager
Due date: May 31, 2014
No phone calls, please.